Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

I'm sorry ... I just couldn't get into this book.

I really REALLY tried to get into the latest book by Alex Flinn.  Really, I did!  I enjoyed her previous book Beastly and had thought the novel Bewitching (a sort of "pre" Beastly novel) was interesting, but I just could not get into Towering.  Not. At. All.   Why?  Personally, I found the story jumped around too much, and I didn't buy the main character's interest in the mystery.

BUT that doesn't mean YOU won't like it!  In fact, we'll find over time there are a number of books that I dislike and you love as well as books that I adore and you hate!  That's one of the wonderful things about books ... while not every book is meant for every reader, every reader has a book out there meant for him or her!

Now, if you like fairy tales (Towering is a retelling of the fairy tale Rapunzel), magic, secrets, and teenage love you may very well enjoy this novel.  Mix in some unsavory people (you know, guys who are up to no good) along with a missing child ... a mystery meant to be solved is right in front of you.

Take a chance!  You may find yourself "tangled" in a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment