Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Yes, Don't Stay Up Late. In Fact ... Go To Bed Early.

NOT impressed with R.L. Stine's Don't Stay Up Late.  Not at all.
I've read a variety of Stine's works through the years.  Some are scarier than others and some are a bit on the weird side, but this novel?  This novel was all mixed up!  Over-protective parents = fatal car crash = hallucinations = monsters = no, not really monsters = yes, monsters = friendships questioned = murders = who is the monster?  I thought "so-and-such" was = confusion ... YES, CONFUSION!!!  On the part of the reader!  What in the world is going on???

I will admit, at one point I decided to stop reading.  Instead I moved to skimming through the pages.  Then, skimming became even too much for me and I moved to glancing here and there and then reading the last pages as a follow-up.

My "official" recommendation?  Try one of R.L. Stine's other books.  He does have many good ones out there.  I promise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment