Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Flipped over Flipped!

I absolutely LOVED this book!  It was funny ... it was suspenseful ... it was eye opening.



In Wendelin Van Draanen's novel Flipped the reader is given the opportunity to see the same events from two different character's points of views and WOW who would have thought that would make a difference!

When we first meet Bryce and Julianna, I'll admit, I truly believed Julianna was a bit over-the-top, and yes, a wee bit stalkerish.  But then in the very next scene, I got to see things from Julianna's view and ... my thoughts totally turned around.  What she was doing made sense and suddenly I was in her corner.

Things are not always as they seem, and I love how Van Draanen slowly allows the reader to see the WHOLE PICTURE and not just the part that was originally in focus.  The extra nice part?  The novel doesn't really end.  Yep.  There's no "wrap up" or "epilogue", which does throw me a bit, but comes across as more realistic.

If you like a light romance with touches of humanity and family growth, definitely pick up Flipped!

No comments:

Post a Comment