Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Day Three of the Ten Day Quick Recommendations: Ashes by Ilsa J Bick

Ashes by Ilsa J Bick.  I have a difficult time with horror books ... left over emotional/mental stuff from when my father took me to see horror movies at the young ages of 7 and 12 ... needless to say there were NUMEROUS nightmares from those "fun" movie going experiences ... but I digress ... 
 NO ... Not you, Ms. Lewallen!!  You ALWAYS stay on topic.


As I was saying, I have a difficult time with horror books ... and let me say this book definitely made me uncomfortable ... so much so I didn't want to read it at night as I knew (I mean I KNEW) I'd be having nightmares, BUT the story was SOOOOO good I couldn't put down the book.  Yep, me and this book kept good company into the darkest of of the darkest night hours (mind you, I kept a keen eye on the door and window the entire time) as I was completely hooked!!! 

The story line?  Pretty simple end-of-the-world stuff ... electronic pulse occurs throughout the world and suddenly one of three things happen.  You die.  You live, but are "changed".  Or you change - and NOT in a good way - more of a "oh-my-goodness-run-from-that-monster-otherwise-ya-gonna-DIE" kind of way.  And the ending???   The last line of the book?????  AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!  Heart attack worthy.  THANKFULLY, Ilsa J Bick didn't end there and went on to continue the story via a trilogy of books.  
My personal favorite cover

 2nd generation cover

Current cover

If you like zombies, end of the world tragedy, hope and cheering for the good guys (and just who are those guys???  Are they always the people you THINK?) then check out this book today!

No comments:

Post a Comment